Images: Windows of Appenzell, Switzerland

There’s something about the simplistic and thoughtful details found all around Switzerland that make it particularly appealing to me. Everything is just so darn cute.

One of the things I most enjoyed as we walked around the streets of Appenzell, Switzerland, were the windows, shutters, curtains and overflowing flower boxes. Every single home and storefront had a different look and feel … all because of the windows. I could have snapped photos of every building we passed, but here are just a few that I caught on camera:

green shutters window appenzell switzerland

red shutters window appenzell switzerland

people artwork house window appenzell switzerland

eagle house windows appenzell switzerland

artwork house windows appenzell switzerland

Lacy curtains window appenzell switzerland

kids characters window appenzell switzerland

black and white window appenzell switzerland

Gasthaus Taube flower box window appenzell switzerland

Pretzel shop orange windows appenzell switzerland

purple shutters flower boxes windows appenzell switzerland

Brown trim window appenzell switzerland

purple flowers window box appenzell switzerland

18 Responses to “Images: Windows of Appenzell, Switzerland”

1. Trisha

How lovely! They all have such an inviting look – very welcoming! 🙂

All of the homes and buildings looked so warm and cozy. One guy even tossed open his window shades and shouted out a hello to our guide.

2. Jill

Lovely! What are charming place.

Very charming. The closest I’ve ever come to stepping foot inside a fairy tale.

3. Poi

Looks very nice – so much character, I love places like this.

It was exceptionally clean, too. It’s nice to know that there are places like this tucked into the hidden corners of the world.

Thanks Jesse! I couldn’t get enough of the windows! They were all so interesting.

4. Daniel N.

Beautiful JoAnna! Would love to go back to Switzerland as an adult and capture all its beauty!

You should definitely go back! I would love to see what you could capture on camera there; I’m sure it would be stunning. I lack in photography skills, and I was still impressed with what I managed to take.

5. Hyeon Su Shin

Oh! It is beautiful!
    I also stayed Swiss last week.
    Swiss has beautiful sceans as I have ever seen.

6. Jeff Titelius

Great article and photo collection of some very special windows in Switzerland!!! And, I can’t get over the incredible details around some of those windows. Leave it to the Swiss to turn the mundane into magic!!

There were so many more windows then just these, Jeff. I had to pick and choose what windows I was going to take photos of because they were all so fantastic. No detail was left behind!

7. Sonja

I love Appenzell – it’s a fabulous town. Love that you caught it from a new perspective, too.

Thanks! The windows were absolutely fantastic ~ I’ve never been anywhere where that particular detail caught my eye.

8. john

you’ve done it again.
    i love your sensibility. you grasp the subject with words and pix equally.
    well done! and thank you for this.
    john