Images of Burning Man 2009

Burning Man can never truly be captured on film, but even two-dimensionally the raw environment of the Black Rock City playa is something to be admired.

The Man in an evening dust storm, just hours before being burned.

Burning Man in dust storm at sunset

Beauty in all walks of life.

Man wearing gold hat at Burning Man girl with phoenix tattoo at burning man 2009 girl wearing red and purple clothes at burning man 2009 man in pink at burning man 2009 girl by temple at burning man 2009

Black Rock City and its spectacular art.

white tree playa art black rock city burning man 2009 Center Camp at Burning Man 2009 Sunrise on the playa at Burning Man 2009 Hot air balloon on the playa at Burning Man 2009 Stained glass art car at Burning Man Boy sitting under tree sculpture at Burning Man

Burning Man culminates with a fantastic temple fire, signifying the release of dreams, wishes and remembrances and marking the start of a new tomorrow.

Temple burn at Burning Man 2009

7 Responses to “Images of Burning Man 2009”

1. leland

cool…..i would image a digital camera is a necessity and a flash card with LOTS of memory….so many pics to take….thanks for sharing…

2. Richard

Oh wow. I pine so much at the thought of getting to see Burning Man one day. Your pics are amazing – I particularly like the first one with the man in the distance. Watching it burn must be unbelievable.

3. Jon Rosen

Joanna was one of my campmates in Camp Nomadia Annex. She snapped my pic one day sitting in front of our camp, it’s the 5th one above, the guy with the pink leg warmers on his arms :-). One of the things I have always found amazing about Burning Man (this was my fourth burn, while most of our camp mates were “virgins” in BM parlance) is how easy it is to make friends on the playa. Despite the tough survival conditions, just about EVERYONE is universally nice to each other, and it leaves you with the feeling that if we could all treat each other that way the other 51 weeks of the year, the world would be a much nicer place. I can only say that Joanna and all of my camp mates are awesome people, and I hope we get to spend more time together “on down the road”.

4. joshywashington

Great pix! please share more…I did not take a single photo, can you believe it! seriously, i want to see more!

5. Africa Travel Blog

I have never been to Burning Man, but ever since I heard about the concept I have always wanted to go! And one day I will..

Thanks for sharing these great pictures!

6. Adri