Images: Street Art in Reykjavik, Iceland
Art flourishes in Iceland’s capital city, Reykjavik. It is a place where not everyone achieves their goals of opening a well-known design shop, penning a great piece of literature or making a living from being a guitar player, but everyone is supported in their creative pursuits anyway. Creativity — and the resulting pursuit for happiness—is embraced and vibrant in this city where funky shops sit on every street corner and people generously share their artistic talents with whoever will listen/read/watch.
One of the things I most enjoyed about Reykjavik was the prevalence of street art. I chose to experience much of my time in the city with my camera tucked away, so I didn’t capture a fraction of what I saw splashed across the city’s walls. Know that if you ever make a trip to Reykjavik you can expect to see so much more than what is presented in the slideshow below.
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
- Horseback Riding in Iceland
- Images: Colors of Curaçao
- Images: Dynjandi, the Bridal Veil Waterfall in Iceland
Latest posts by JoAnna (see all)
- Ecuador’s Wild Side: Animals of the Galapagos Islands — April 9, 2014
- Best Travel Blog Posts from March 2014 — April 2, 2014
- Frozen in Time: The Magic of the Galapagos Islands — March 19, 2014