Images: Great Reno Balloon Race | Reno, Nevada
I’ve always been in awe of the gracefulness and colors of hot air balloons. I love the huge swaths of fabric sewn together to create bulbous rainbows. I love the moment when the balloons go from laying on their sides to standing straight up in the air. I love how, even though all the hot air balloons are basically floating in the same place, they all manage to capture their own piece of space and move at different speeds and in different patterns than those around them.
Though I’ve been a spectator and balloon chaser, it wasn’t until this year that I had the opportunity to actually ride in a hot air balloon at the Great Reno Balloon Race in Reno, Nevada. Though I’ve always loved the spectacle of hot air balloons from the ground, this year I also got to enjoy the view from a basket high in the sky. Here are some of my favorite images from the event.
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
- Riding the Virigina & Truckee Railroad from Carson City to Virginia City | Nevada
- Images: Colors of Curacao
- Images: Colors of Huatulco, Mexico
Latest posts by JoAnna (see all)
- Review: Portable Sound with the Bluetooth Splash Speaker — August 13, 2014
- Best Travel Blog Posts from July 2014 — July 30, 2014
- Five Thoughts from a Two-Week Trip in Europe — July 23, 2014