Aboard a Catamaran in Huatulco, Mexico

JoAnna is a globe-trotting, idea-inventing, culture-collecting creativity connoisseur with big dreams and a desire to touch all seven continents. You can also find JoAnna at joannahaugen.com and at The 52 Letters Project.

1. Candice says:

So cool, much different from my catamaran tour in the Maya Rivieria. I LOVE that the catamaran operators have that agreement! Awesome!

This sounds quite lovely. Is there a chance of getting seasick on a catamaran? I’ve never been on one.

3. JoAnna says:

@Gray ~ I really don’t know as I don’t get seasick so I’m not sure what brings it on. But I suppose there is. The boat is bigger than a speedboat but smaller than a yacht. You can feel it move through the water but I didn’t think it was too choppy. No one on the boat I was on got sick in any case.

4. Nancy says:

That looks so beautiful. I love deserted beaches. I think you can feel connected to the power of the ocean.

I’m of the seasick variety, so catamaran’s may not be my friend, but perhaps I’ll try them on day!

5. Laura says:

I took one of these tours while in Huatulco, although I don’t remember which boat. The beaches are lovely and we were told that one of them was used in the filming of a few scenes from the movie Y Tu Mama Tambien! :-) Also, I can’t remember anyone having problems with seasickness either.

6. Minna says:

Hi,

is it possible to use the first photo on this page (the one with writing on sand) in a learning material? The material is about writing and will be published online on our school’s website. Your name would of course be mentioned. I represent university of applied sciences in Finland.