Swimming with the Dolphins | Roatan, Honduras

JoAnna is a globe-trotting, idea-inventing, culture-collecting creativity connoisseur with a global family of foreign exchange students and rescue pets. You can also find JoAnna at joannahaugen.com.

1. Cory says:

I am still very jealous of your dolphin experience.

2. Lisa says:

Great story! We were planning on vacationing at Anthony’s Key several years ago, but a hurricane had other plans ;-), it’s still high on the list of “must visits” though. Love hearing about the dolphins at play!

3. Zorianna Kit says:

So nice to read your experience on this, Joanna!

That just rocks. I’m so jealous. I can only imagine how cool that must have been to be swimming and playing with them–and not because some trainer was telling them what to do, but at their own initiative. Sweet.

5. Shannon OD says:

Wow, as much as you say that you wouldn’t do the “organized encounter” again – you have me sold. That just sounds so amazing at the end when you got to swim with them! And the pic of him kissing you is too cute 🙂

6. Lola says:

What an experience! You can definitely check this off the list 🙂
    The kissing picture is a classic. Can imagine it in sepia tones.

7. Candice says:

I did this while in Mexico, except in not such a large area, and with only two dolphins! I love that you played catch. So cool.

8. Nancy says:

Even with it being an organized encounter, what an incredible experience! That picture with the dolphin may be my favorite one of you I´ve seen. 🙂 Very cool.

9. Chris says:

Amazing experience! In Australia (Tin Can Bay )every day at 8am there are two wild dolphins that came ashore to get some food from the rangers; unfortunately you can not swim with them.

10. Amiee says:

That photo of you and the dolphin is so cute – I love it. I have heard Roatan is amazing – another place I would like to see!

11. I swam with dolphins in a rehabilitation center in the Florida Keys about 10 years ago. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life to date. Such sweet and amazing creatures 🙂 I’m so glad you had the opportunity to do it as well!

12. Abby says:

You look SO happy in that top photo!!

13. Sophie says:

My 10-year-old daughter did this in Mexico earlier this year. She adored it, of course.

14. So cool! I would love to do this. And, that photo of you is so adorable!

15. Swimming with dolphins is such an amazing experience. Sounds like you had a great time despite the rainy weather.

• JoAnna says:

It was a good experience. I know swimming with dolphins is very controversial, but I felt good about this facility in comparison to others I’ve encountered in the past.